Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 30, 2011

E.B.: The countdown begins



I am 11 days away from leaving for Antarctica. I have decided that I want to document the trip here, letting myself spend my vacation being a writer/photographer again. I also look forward to taking a break from the political instability which has engulfed the region (and occasionally my neighborhood) to focus instead on important issues like penguin identification and experiments with anti-sea sickness medication. In total I will be gone for 17 days, 9 of which will be spent on an expedition ship. I will be traveling with my Dad and my sister. I’ll write before I leave and then update daily when I have an internet connection. I hope you comment. I hope you laugh. I hope you get an escape from the daily grind and maybe save a lot of money if, through my writing, you learn Antarctica never needs to be on your bucket list. I also hope there is at least one hot, eligible, explorer-type guy on this boat who is not rooming with my father. We all have dreams.

I know most of you will just be interested in photos of cute baby animals. They will be a clear priority.

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait! Does this mean that the boat has wifi?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a computer room on the ship so I am hopeful. Worst case scenario we will take a 9-day break and then post them all sequentially when we get a connection again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really hope there's a nice explorer-guy for you, too! Living vicariously through you,

    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to hear of your expedition! What a great adventure. Live a little extra for me and do something really, really fun in my honor -haha!

    Aunt Annie

    ReplyDelete