Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 10, 2011

E.B.: Argentina or Bust

Stats for the day:

Hours spent on planes: 22

Number of words spoken: 6 (water x3, chicken x3)

Movies watched: 3

Episodes of Frasier watched: 6 (shout-out to Jane)

Hours spent sleeping: 13

Pages of War and Peace read: 0

Weight of War and Peace: 2 lbs

Unanticipated cost of 10-year Argentine visa: $140

This is the entry/exit card for Lebanon. My favorite portion is where I have to write down my Dad’s name. It makes me feel like a little kid writing a note to the principal “if I don’t behave, call my Dad.” When my Dad comes to Lebanon I feel like he will be a bit famous, “Oh, this is the father of that girl who fills out so many of these cards.” I wonder how he will feel when he has to write down his Dad’s name.



Guess which airport I’m in and which of these four places I wanted to get to.

We’re not in Beirut or Doha any more. Spent a good 15 minutes trying to calculate how much faster my transit time could have been if I’d been able to fly El Al. Felt guilty that my immediate motivation for world peace was better flight routes.

As we weren’t allowed to leave the plane, this picture pretty accurately summarizes most of what I was able to see in Brazil.

Finally, after 22 hours of sunlight, a sunset.

I want to meet the Boeing engineer who was working on the 777 and said, “you know what would really make this plane great? Pink and purple recessed lighting.” Ditto for the Qatari Air purchaser who went through the add-on list for the planes and said, “disco lighting? Most definitely.”

I think we ate a member of Charlotte’s Web for dinner. Wondering why there isn’t a fancy word for baby pig. Baby pig/suckling sound horrible.

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited to hear all about the rest of your journey. Don't freeze!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I think we will definitely freeze. I am actually a bit worried that the boat will be warm because the only pants I brought to wear are snow pants. Both not flattering and very warm. We'll see if it was a huge mistake. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete